December 17, 2009
December 11, 2009
This is what I've settled on
Christmas Kisses, with a twist, they cannot be the traditional red and gold, I'll have to swap out the Cranberry Juice for some purple grape juice to fit in with the theme this year.
Cajun prawns on a bed of lettuce, and avo
Turkey stuffed with cranberry stuffing
Traditional roast lamb
Assorted veggies and roast potatoes
I'm stuck here. I was thinking a traditional Christmas cake but without the white icing. I wanted to rather soak it in van der Hum and smother it in a Bar One Chocolate Icing, decorated with glitter and icing sugar...
I'll post all the recipes on the Good Food blog, but in the meantime what do you think of the desert.
December 09, 2009
Here are mine;
1) See what happens when you're 'naughty', babies are born: Well no, actually we weren't 'naughty', our son was planned, and took months of horrid tablets, dildo cams, being a human pin cushion, catheters being stuck into my uterus and loads of tears. But while we're on the topic, why don't you tell me what position you used to conceive, where it happened, if you enjoyed it...
2) Oh so he was early, and tiny, why do you think that is?: I planned it! Just for kicks I thought I'd wake up 4 weeks before my due date, at 1:30am and will my water to break. He was so small because I ate a special diet of dog food and lettuce leaves throughout my whole pregnancy just so that I could have a small baby. I mean really people, anybody with some common sense and even poor eyesight can see I am a petite woman. 2 + 2 really does = 4 here, there is no way my body could've possible carried a baby heavier than 3kgs, even my Dr said so!
3) So when can we expect number 2? When I'm right and ready! When are you going to develop some tact?
And a bonus...
4) Natural birth? Wasn't it sore? No, it was like prancing through a field of daisies on a warm summers afternoon. I especially like the part where his head came out.
November 23, 2009
Wow, what a difference a month makes, Mommy says that all of a sudden I became a little boy.
1st of all the yucky stuff. I went for injections and the nice nurse measured and weighed me. She said I was very tall, 77cm's and Mommy said that she was sure I was going to weigh lots, 11.3kgs. The nurse said to Mommy I'm nowhere near fat, thank goodness, she said that 77cms and 11.3kgs matches perfectly. Mommy kept getting all teary about something called the 25th percentile and now being over the 97th percentile. Whatever Mom, I'm the one that had a needle stuck in my leg!
Now for the cool stuff. I can walk. I don't give Mom a chance take photo's though, I'm was too quick, and by the time the camera takes a photo all you see are bits of me.
I don't like to sit in my pram anymore. I can stand...
I really like to sit in the office when Mommy works. They don't seem to understand that I'm the boss though.
That's all my news for now, I will keep you all updated about my 1st Christmas, I am very excited.
November 16, 2009
Everything else is just a minor thing, I guess we all go 'off' our passions once in a while, but not feeling Christmas? That's ludicrous!
I've put a Christmas countdown timer on my blog, and I think I'll put up my Christmas tree tonight. Perhaps it'll inspire some get up and go...
November 05, 2009
I'm convinced after the two boys spending the majority of the weekend together, that babies speak an unknown language. Jordan has not been interested in any form of horizontal transportation. Crawling, leopard crawling and the like are, or were, just not for him. After spending the night and day with his 'brother' he decided that he kinda liked this head crawl worm wiggle that Jayden did, and began doing the same thing and at one hell of a speed might I add.
The get together was awesome, it was wonderful to finally put so many faces to the people I talk to everyday. My only regret is that I didn't get time to talk to so many of you, nor did I have the quality time I wanted with some of my closer friends. I found the whole lot a little overwhelming, but next time I will definitely be able to divide my time more evenly I think....
Thanks to Marts and Craig for being my JHB taxi. Mands, Irene, Paula and significant others who spent time with us on Friday night a beeg thank you. To Jahni and Karien, I'm sorry I didn't get to spend more time with you ladies and your delightful baby girls, next time I'll make 100% sure that we have some 1 o 1 time.
October 27, 2009
October 12, 2009
Come to think of it, it's not suprising that Jordan made his appearance early, when you consider that I was 7 months pregnant and painting the nursery, while my husband felt rushed and somewhat nervous that I was going to "park", his words not mine, his son on the incomplete nursery floor.
October 07, 2009
October 05, 2009
Here are the rules:1-Thank the person who nominated you for this award. THANK YOU EVIE :)
2-Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3-Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4-Name 7 things about yourself that people may not know.
5-Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6-Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7-Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they've been nominated.
Now, I am not going to do rule no. 7. I am going to see who will find this post on their own :)I have done something similar before, so apologies if you get to re-read some of these things:
- I have a stationery fetish, it's bad and borders on addiction.
- I married the love of my life, who is also quite a lot younger than me.
- I am a bit of a Dr Doolittle, animals find me, and somehow want to stay with me. It's not uncommon to hear "oh no, Doolittle moment", when strays arrive at my front door.
- I suffer from word vomit. No thinky, just talky!!!!
- I'm a natural blonde.
- I like both glitters and pearls.
- I hate cellphones, if you have my number, count yourself SUPER lucky.
Here are my nominees;
- Natalie - Almost There